vendredi 15 mai 2009

Torments of creation 2

Sorry for the time it took me to translate this post; I had to fight an ant invasion.
I’m working hard on my new kit. I can see that some people regularly follow what I write and create, I have 3 new followers, and although I am delighted, it stretches me to create even more and more beautiful, unexpected, original papers and embellishments, while enjoying myself and discovering new tricks and tips.
Some tasks required to create a kit are more tedious and less challenging like the tasks that I completed this weekend. Cropping, aging, desaturating and colouring thirty pictures is unsatisfactory but necessary. Creating 6 travel labels, available in ten languages is a tedious job that I make only because I remember the frustration of not finding scrapbooking materials in French only a few years ago. I can translate words in French, English, German and Italian, other translations are by Google Language Stool and I check these via online bilingual dictionaries. This job makes you tear your hair out when a word has multiple meanings and therefore multiple translations. And if the word contains diacritics that are not in the French language, I’m sorry but I give up. That's why some words are not translated into Spanish, one of the most widespread languages, while they are translated in Turkish and Finnish.
The last obstacle is my own poor spelling. When occupied by my job, I do not always realize I wrote “vacaNtion”. But I do realize I did not keep a .psd model. And that I have to do all the work all over again from scratch.
I hope you enjoy those translations and find words in your own language with the right meaning.
In the end, the embellishments that I have spent the most time working on and that have the more layers may look very simple, and you cannot guess I spent hours to create them. This proves I worked well.
I'm not complaining as I gladly handle the task as part of the designing job. Before designing embellishments myself, I wondered how people made these. Well now I know! For my next collection about travel, I found beautiful pictures of various landscapes. I’m still looking for pictures of monuments, people in traditional costumes, exotic dishes and animals... If you agree to share your photos with us, send me an email.

Aucun commentaire: